Are you looking for a fun Spin the Bottle drinking game?
Do you want to get a new twist to the regular Spin the Bottle game?
Do you want to know the rules and ways of playing this game?
If you are planning to host a fun party, or just want a new game to spend some time with your friends, then adding a drinking twist to the Spin the Bottle game could be a lot of fun.
Today in this article, we are sharing with you about the Spin the Bottle game that comes with a twist. Whether you want to buy it online or just want to arrange it on your own at home, reading this article till the end will give you all the details that you need.
How is the original Spin the Bottle game played?
- In the original Spin the Bottle game, which is a party game, all the players sit in a circle, with a bottle in the middle.
- One player spins the bottle and whomever it points to, has to be kissed by the person who spun the bottle.
- The one who got the kiss will be the next to spin the bottle.
- If the bottle points to a person of the same gender, players usually get a choice to go ahead and kiss, or spin the bottle again, depending on their preference and comfort level.
- The original Spin the Bottle game was used as an excuse by teenagers to make out, in the name of playing a game.
Another way to play the original Spin the Bottle game
- All the players sit in a circle, with a bottle in the middle.
- One player spins the bottle and whomever it points to has to answer a truth or take up a dare that is given by the person who spun the bottle.
- In some cases, the dares involved kissing.
The drinking version of playing the original Spin the Bottle game
In the drinking version of the Spin the Bottle game, the main rules and mode of playing remains similar, but the acts change into those that require the players to drink. There are two ways in which you can play this (of course you can create your own versions too!).
The first way of playing the drinking version:
- All the players sit in a circle.
- You can keep a stack of beer bottles handy.
- One person spins the bottle and whoever it points to has to either answer a truth or drink.
- Once done, they spin the bottle and that is how the game continues.
- The fun is in getting the players drunk.
The second way of playing the drinking version:
- All the players sit in a circle.
- You can keep a round of drinks (same drinks or a mix of different drinks) in the middle.
- One person spins the bottle and whichever drink it points to, the player has to down it.
- The person sitting next to this person can spin the bottle next and the game continues.
- The fun in this too is to get the players drunk.
The similarities in the drinking and non-drinking versions is that both involve spinning the bottle, while the difference is that one does not involve drinks, while the other does.
Is there any other name for the Spin the Bottle drinking game?
This game is sometimes also known as Truth or Dare or Shot Roulette.
How to play this drinking game
If you have never played the Spin the Bottle drinking game, here are some detailed instructions that will help you set up the game and play it with your friends:
- An empty glass bottle
- As this game is best played with a larger group, it is best to have more than 6 to 8 people
- A round table
How much alcohol/drinks are needed?
You will need a good amount of alcohol that will line up the edge of the table (you can choose to have any type or combination of alcohol).
What types of drinks are best to use?
Depending on the age group of those who will be part of the game, you can go for quarter-beers, tequila, vodka or whatever you fancy.
Step-by-step instructions for this game
- Remember that playing the Spin the Bottle drinking game involves using a lot of alcohol.
- It is important that as you are setting up the table, you have enough alcohol that will line up the edge of the entire table.
- Not just that much, you should also have another full round of alcohol ready to be used, in case the ones on the table are over and you need more.
- Once you have set up the alcohol on the table, decide who will start spinning the bottle and then start the game.
How to play each round and the rules of the game
- There are very few rules in playing the Spin the Bottle drinking game. The best part about playing this game is also that you can adjust or tweak the rules as per your wish, or as per the people you are playing with.
- This is more of a team game, because all of you have to encourage each other to keep playing, even when they are too drunk, and continue with the drink till all the drink in the house is over.
- The only way to lose this game is to give up and quit, otherwise there are no winners or losers.
Some additional rules for this game
- If you want to skip your turn, you can do so, but you first have to ask the person sitting next to you if they are willing to take up your turn and drink.
- However, this will not be counted as their turn, but will just be like a proxy, and they will still have to take another turn at spinning the bottle and drinking, which then will be considered as their turn.
- Also, it is important to make it clear to all the players before starting the game that whichever drink the bottle points to after spinning, the player will have to drink that drink and it cannot be swapped with any other drink.
- You cannot give up on a drink to someone else because you don’t like it, and offer to drink something else instead.
Check out this game offer on Amazon:
Here is a fun and popular one that you can easily buy on Amazon.
Barbuzzo Spin the Bottle
This classic game now comes with a fun and new twist that involves all the players playing with shots. While the game does not involve any kissing, you are obviously free to add it to your own rules of the play. Best for 2-6 players. Just pour your favourite drinks, spin the bottle and see which of the term it lands on.
- Open to make your own rules.
- Great ice-breaker.
- Doesn’t always spin well.
Depending on the way you want to play, you can either play it on your own and set it up yourself, or buy the game online and get started.
Last update on 2022-10-22 at 22:47 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.