Are you someone who loves checking out trivia?
Do you and your friends meet up often over drinks or do you often host parties?
Are you looking for something fun and interesting to add to your drinking sessions?
Trivia games can be a great way to break the monotony of drinking, and add more interesting conversation to your get-together. But if you have never played these before, or are not sure how to go about them, worry not, coz we are here to help you with all the trivia and more that you need to know!
In this article, you will find all the information related to trivia games, including how to play and why they can be a hit in your party. We will also share with you a huge list of trivia questions, from easy to difficult ones, so that you won’t run out of fun things to ask and share! So, if you’re ready to have a hit of a party, just scroll down and set up your own game!
What is a trivia game?
A trivia game is a type of game where one person or one player takes chances to ask fun and interesting but unimportant questions related to a vast range of topics. The other players have to try and answer as many of these questions as they can.
Can you turn it into a drinking game?
While playing trivia games on their own are already a lot of fun, you can make them more fun and even hilarious and interesting by turning it into a drinking game.
Basic rules of a trivia game
If you have never played a trivia game before, and especially a drinking trivia game, here are a few things you should keep in mind that will help you understand and play the game with your buddies:
Materials Needed For This Trivia Drinking Game:
- Your friends
- A fun list of questions and answers (or you could also buy some trivia game cards)
- A lot of alcohol of choice
- Pen and paper to write down the answers (optional) – else just say it out loud
Choosing the drinks
- To make it more fun, you can write down the names of different types of alcohol and put them in a bowl.
- Each time someone is supposed to have a drink, the other team or the other players read out one of the names from the bowl, and whatever type of alcohol is written on it, the player(s) have to drink that.
How to play the game:
- To start the game, you start by choosing one person who will start off with the questions.
- You could either do this on an individual basis, or, if you want, you can also divide up your friends into teams.
- In this case, one person from each team asks a question, while the players from the other team have to guess.
- In case you are playing as an individual, one person asks the question and the rest of the players try to come up with the answers.
- If they answer correctly, the player who asked the question drinks.
- If they answer incorrectly, the player(s) who answered incorrectly drinks.
- In case you are playing as a team, one person from the team asks a question and the other team tries to give the answer.
- If the other team answers correctly, everyone from the team that asked the question drinks.
- If the other team answers incorrectly, everyone from the team that answered drinks.
21 Trivia Drinking Games Questions
Here are some easy questions to start off the game with. These will help to set the mood for you and your friends:
Trivia Drinking Games #1: EASY Difficulty Questions
1. Which fictional city is the home of Batman?
Answer: Gotham city
2. What was Muhammad Ali’s birth name?
Answer: Cassius Clay
3. Which planet is closest to Earth?
4. What is the name of the city where the Simpsons live?
5. Which Reggae singer died on 11th May 1981?
Answer: Bob Marley
6. Who was the third President of the United States?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
7. Which two teams were in the very first Super Bowl and who won?
Answer: The Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Green Bay Packers won.
Trivia Drinking Games #2: MEDIUM Difficulty Questions
1. What Irish liqueur is the most popular in the world?
Answer: Baileys Irish Cream
2. What year did the Stock Market crash?
3. Who had a 1985 hit with “Saving all my love for you?”
Answer: Whitney Houston
4. In 2002, who won the Oscar award for the Best Actor in a leading role?
Answer: Sean Penn
5. Name 2 of the 4 Disney villains who magically transformed themselves into gigantic creatures?
Answer: Ursula and Jafar
6. What tool is used to crush fruit or herbs to infuse flavours when you are making a cocktail?
Answer: A muddler
7. Aside from green tea leaves, what is the other main ingredient that is used in Moroccan tea?
Answer: Spearmint leaves
Trivia Drinking Games #3: HARD Difficulty Questions
1. What does it mean to drown the Shamrock?
Answer: Put Shamrocks in glass and drown with whiskey.
2. What’s the numerical unit of gravity?
Answer: 9.8 m/s 2
3. What do you call a female elephant?
Answer: A cow
4. What animal has the highest blood pressure?
Answer: A giraffe
5. Elma has two yardsticks. She also has a 12 inch ruler. She lay them end to end in a line. How many feet long is that line?
Answer: 7 feet
6. Who said these words – “I am the President of the United States and I am not going to eat any more broccoli”
Answer: George Bush
7. How many pubs are there per person in Ireland?
Answer: 1 to every 350
3 BONUS trivia games about alcohol you may want to include in the game
In addition to all the fun and crazy questions we shared above, here are 3 more categories that you can include in the fun drinking trivia game:
Trivia Drinking Games #4: Cocktail Ingredients
- What cocktail do you get by mixing white rum, coconut flavoured Malibu rum, pineapple juice, coconut water and lime juice?
Answer: Coconut pineapple rum drink
- What drink do you get by mixing peach schnapps and orange juice?
Answer: Fuzzy navel
- What is mixed with gin to make a Pink Gin?
Answer: Angostura Bitters, though some bartenders also add cranberry juice instead
- Which drink is made from the relative of a lily?
Trivia Drinking Games #5: Alcohol Quiz
- What fruit will you find floating in the drink that is known as Manhattan?
Answer: Sweet cherry
- What is in the shot “Liquid Cocaine”?
Answer: Proof rum, Jagermeister and Rumplemintz
- What kind of drink is Chambord?
Answer: It’s a Black Raspberry Liqueur
- What product is rum distilled from?
Trivia Drinking Games #6: Alcohol Travel Quiz
- In which country did the beer Budweiser Budvar originate?
Answer: In the Czech city of Budweis
- Which country did Jacob’s Creek Shiraz Cabernet come from?
- “Proost” means “cheers” in which language?
Answer: In the Dutch language
- In which country could you find a scorpion in your wine?
The main objective of these trivia drinking games is to have fun for all, so make sure you all drink responsibly and everyone is safe.