Our Choice Recommendation
- DUO GAME: Indulge in the finest of sporting activities with this reversible Velcro dartboard. One side can be...
- SAFETY FIRST: To reduce the risk of fatal injury or wall wear and tear no darts are included, just four high...
- PERFECT GIFT: This Drinking Dartboard is the perfect gift for the aspiring gentlemen to play with his friends at...
How are darts games usually played?
Is it hard to turn them into darts drinking games instead?
Are these kinds of drinking games common?
Darts are easy to play. Players take turns throwing darts at a board, and wherever the dart sticks corresponds to different point values.
When playing a dart-themed drinking game, the process is more or less the same. However, the place where the dart sticks on the board corresponds to a shot value instead of a point value.
It’s not very common to find drinking games with darts, but there are some out there. If you’ve ever played darts at a bar, you’ve probably played something like this.
And if you’re looking for a game you can play at home or at your next party, you’re in the right place. Read on to learn how to play some dart drinking games.
Option #1. Beer Darts
Number of Players: 2 or more players (if more than 2, divide into even teams)
Best Alcohol: Beer in cans
- 2 chairs (or more if playing in teams)
- Beer cans for every player
How to Play
- For this game, you will need to do a little setup. Begin by placing two chairs about ten feet apart from each other in your backyard.
- If you are playing with a team, you will need to arrange the team’s chairs in a line facing each other instead.
- Place pieces of cardboard in front of the chairs so that players can protect their legs and feet while throwing the darts.
- Place the beer cans in front of the cardboard. There should be one beer can per player on each team.
- All players should be seated while throwing.
- The first player or team throws their darts, trying to hit the other player or team’s beer cans.
- House rules decide whether all players on a team throw at the same time or play passes from one player to the next after each turn.
- After one side goes, the other side gets a chance to throw.
- If the dart punctures an opponent’s beer can, they must chug the whole beer and replace it when they’re done.
- Play continues until one team finishes three beers. The other team is the winner.
- This game can be played in variations, including standing up. Another fun twist is to have players drink their beer from the puncture hole instead of by opening the can normally.
Option #2. Dart Shots
Number of Players: 2 or more
Best Alcohol: Beer
- Shot glasses
- Dart shots board
How to Play
- This game requires a dart shots board, which you can either purchase or make yourself.
- If making a board, be sure to make it roughly the same size as a regular dart board. You should write various actions on each section and in each ring, including “take a shot,” “pass,” “drink with a buddy,” “half shot,” and more.
- If you choose to purchase a premade dart shots board instead, you don’t have to worry about making one.
- From there, the game plays like a regular game of darts.
- Take turns throwing the darts at the board and responding according to where the dart hits.
- If you miss, you lose your turn and have to wait until play passes to you once again.
- This game is fun for just two people, but it is more fun in a group, so keep this in mind when setting it up.
Option #3. Dart Dares
Number of Players: 2 or more (better played with a group)
Best Alcohol: Beer
- Dart board
- Paper, pens, and tape
- Shot glasses
How to Play
- Begin by writing down a series of dares on slips of paper. These dares should range in type and intensity, so some of them are easier than others. Mix them up so you and other players do not know which is which.
- Tape the dares to the dart board.
- Players then take turns, using up to two darts per turn, throwing at the dart board.
- If a player lands on a space with a dare, they have the option to either take the dare or take two shots.
- If a player misses a dare paper or misses the dart board entirely, they must take one shot instead.
- If the player chooses to do the dares, they must be carried out in front of everyone to prove they were completed.
- House rules can vary significantly for this game, so don’t be afraid to mix it up a little bit. Depending on the crowd you’re playing with, you may want to add some “truth” questions to your dares as well, but leave the “shot” option for those who want to drink instead of answering.
If you’re looking for some drinking dart boards to make your drinking games even more successful, you’re not alone. Many individuals prefer to buy this type of board rather than making it, simply because it’s easier and more effective too. Below, we’ve put together a quick list of products you may want to check out if you’re looking for something to get your dart drinking game off on the right foot. These options can help you set up your party more quickly and are easy to use even when you’ve already had a little bit to drink, too.
Here are a few great products to help you get started.
Option #1. Drinking Darts Game
This Drinking Darts Game has everything you need to get started playing a drinking game right out of the box. This offer includes a board with several drinking options as well as a few darts and four shot glasses. All you have to do is open it, set it up and get started playing right away.
- The game makes a great gift and is ideal for 21st birthday parties.
- The game is easy to use and quick to learn.
- This game has to be set up on the ground instead of on the wall.
- The game is fairly small and can be hard to hit.
Option #2. Shot Glass Darts Bar Game Set
This Shot Glass Darts Bar Game Set comes with a dart board that can hang on the wall easily or can be used standing up. The board also includes a basket that holds four included shot glasses, making it easier than ever to grab your shots when you hit the right spaces on the dart board.
- This game comes with magnetic darts to reduce the risk of injury.
- The game also includes the shot glasses and stand required for use.
- The game is very small and hard to use.
- The arrows doesn’t stick well to the magnetic board.
Option #3. Gentleman’s Club Drinking Dart Board
The Gentleman’s Club Drinking Dart board is a Velcro-style dart game perfect for almost any setting. Throw the Velcro balls at the board and do what they say for a quick and easy drinking game that works as an icebreaker.
- This game also includes a regular dart board on the other side for use outside of parties.
- The game is easy to hang and use.
- The balls don’t stick very well to the board.
- The board is small and difficult for several players to use at the same time.
Last update on 2022-08-12 at 12:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.